Deutsch  Franšais  Nederlands 

[New York City] - Charter of the Town of West Chester

 1550694272,
New York, Published by Order of the Trustees. Printed by E. Conrad, 1819. Stitched self wrappers. 16 pp. 12mo. Text of the town's original 1667 charter, signed in print, Ben. Fletcher. Plus extract from "An act relative to the duties and privileges of Town", March 19, 1813, granting the town's trustees the right to operate a ferry across the East River from West Chester to Flushing, Queens. The town, which formed the southernmost portion of Westchester County, was annexed by New York City in 1895, and is now part of the Bronx. Quite rare. None in NUC, OCLC, catalogues of any major New York institutions, AAS, Sabin, or auction records. Otto Hufeland, lists one in his "Check List of Books, Maps, Pictures, and Other Printed Matter relating to the Counties of Westchester and Bronx (White Plains, N.Y. Pub. for Westchester County by the Westchester County Historical society, 1929) p. 254, with the only location cited his private library. Shaw & Shoemaker cite Hufeland, but otherwise had located no other copies. Hufeland: Check List of .. Printed Matter.. Counties of Westchester and Bronx: 2009. Amer. Imprints: 50093. A good copy, corners creased and worn, a few edge tears, margins soiled and foxed.
USD 625.00 [Appr.: EURO 576 | £UK 493 | JPą 94049] Book number 43913

is offered by:


Kaaterskill Books ABAA/ILAB
P.O.Box 122, East Jewett, New York, NY 12424, USA Tel.: +1 518 589 0555
Email: books@kaaterskillbooks.com
Member of ILAB 




  Order this book

Ask for information

Back to your search results