Deutsch  Français  Nederlands 

FOWLER, GEORGE - Fowler's Directory for Upper Renfrewshire 1834; The Seventh Edition of Fowler's Directory for the Upper Ward of Renfrewshire; is Most Respectfully Dedicated to Sir John Maxwell of Pollock and the Magistrates and Town Council of Paisley and Fowler's Greenock Directory with Appendix to Helensburgh and Neighbourhood

 1407482611,
Published 1834. 1834. Rebound hard back binding in burgundy leather covers, gilt title lettering to the spine, new marble end papers. 8vo. 7'' x 4¼''. Contains 240; 294 printed pages of text. Greenock is a town and administrative centre in the Inverclyde Council area in Scotland, and a former Burgh in the historic county of Renfrewshire, located in the West Central Lowlands of Scotland, with Gourock to the West and Port Glasgow to the East. The book has been rebound in the last 100 years, the title page has been laid down on thin vellum as it was torn and very worn, this has stabilised the paper which is now legible. The second part of the directory starts at page 13 with the heading 'Fowler's Greenock Directory' and with 'Abercrombie' being the first listing with only the prelims missing. The last part of the second part of the book deals with Helensburgh and its neighbourhood, the Greenock Cattle Show, Royal Northern Yacht Club, and The Clyde Tide Table. The edges of the paper are dirty and a little soft, and there are a couple of smaller repairs carried out by the Bookbinder at the time, extremely scarce.
GBP 195.00 [Appr.: EURO 219 US$ 254.83 | JP¥ 28742] Book number 76605

is offered by:


Little Stour Books
North Court House, West Stourmouth, Canterbury, Kent, CT3 1HT, Great Britain Tel.: +44 (0) 1227 722 371 | Fax: +44 (0) 1227 722 021
Email: sales@littlestourbooks.com
Member of PBFA 




  Order this book

Ask for information

Back to your search results